Thank you for being part of the ALB family! As we close our 33rd year, we would like to highlight a few of our accomplishments and community contributions that YOU helped us make possible through your ongoing support of our small, family-owned business.
Customer Appreciation Day
We celebrated our 7th Annual Customer Appreciation Day on October 31st. Over 200 customers joined us for games and prizes, food from Atlanta’s own Varsity, and lighting education. ALB employees, along with over 12 lighting manufacturers, were on hand to discuss new lighting technologies, lighting retrofits, and GA Power Rebates. Overall, we all had a blast – Thank you for your support! View Photos on Facebook.
Giving Back to the Community
At ALB, we pride ourselves in giving back to the community. Amongst our community contributions, we would like to share a few notable ones with you:
Habitat for Humanity Donation
Atlanta Light Bulbs has partnered with Habitat for Humanity in the past to help this important nonprofit organization achieve their mission of bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope. This year we were able to able to donate nearly $20,000 of light bulbs to Habitat for Humanity. These bulbs will be used to build sustainable, energy-efficient and healthy housing for working families. We were thrilled to be able to invest in the future of our community!
Season of Giving
The Season of Giving/Christmas Decatur celebrated their 20th year of helping low-income children and senior citizens enjoy their holidays. Atlanta Light Bulbs was honored to be a community member who adopted four children and two seniors this year. ALB employees donated $660, in addition to the company’s donations, for a grand total of $1,170! Several of our team members, some who were not available for the picture below, also donated their time to shop for the gifts on each wish list. We’re proud to report that every child and senior had their Christmas wish lists fulfilled!
Food for the Poor
ALB wanted to also make an impact outside of our immediate community. So this year, we turned to Food for the Poor. They are the largest international relief and development organization. Since 1982, this interdenominational Christian ministry has served those in need in 17 countries throughout the Caribbean and Latin America. Our donation of $2,992.95 fed 83 children in Haiti, provided 5,000 meals to a child in need, built a water pump and other structures for clean water and medical supplies, gave multiple families a goat, three piglets and 100 chicks, and gave 1000lbs of rice and beans to a village. We’re so happy to be able to make a difference in other parts of the world.
Energy Efficiency Workshop
In addition to monetary and material donations, Atlanta Light Bulbs also wanted to volunteer our time and share our knowledge of what we do best, Energy Efficiency. We partnered up with Green Law and Mable Thomas at an Energy Efficiency Workshop for Low Income Residents of Vine City. Our very own Energy Solutions Specialist, Norah Silva, spoke about energy-efficient lighting and how we can all reduce the carbon footprint. We love educating our community and anyone that is interested in learning more about energy efficiency. Contact us if you would like to sign up for our own hosted workshops or would like us to participate in your hosted event.
Awards and Accomplishments
Along with our community contributions, Atlanta Light Bulbs was honored to receive the following awards and accomplishments:
- Named in the Top 200 in Electrical Wholesaling by the The Independent Voice of Electrical Distribution
- Awarded the 1st place Winner of the Cox Family Business Award in the Small Business Category
- Implemented a NEW ERP System to better serve our customers
- Recruited a NEW Technology Director to implement new technology initiatives
- Recruited a NEW Energy Solutions Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
- Joined the US Green Building Council and the Green Chamber of the South
- Introduced a beverage center in our showroom, which provides complimentary refreshments while customers wait for their order
What to expect in 2015
Our list of notable accomplishments will surely increase next year, as many of our current projects will be completed. It is through YOUR support that we are able to make these strives, so many thanks.
- Launch of our NEW www.AtlantaLightBulbs.com Web site to deliver the ultimate customer experience
- Increased commitment to Energy Efficiency and Sustainability
- Introduction of our NEW Solutions Consulting Division – ALB Energy Solutions, along with a dedicated, friendly, and informative website, www.ALBEnergySolutions.com
- Hosting of regular Energy Efficiency Workshops on the 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Partnering with Phillips LED Lamps to provide new LED options with a trusted manufacturer
- Participation in the Atlanta Better Buildings Challenge, which aims to reduce energy and water consumption by 20% by 2020
- Sponsorship and participation in Green Prints 2015, a conference promoting sustainable buildings and communities
Again, we appreciate your loyalty and support! We are proud of all we’ve accomplished in 2014 and look forward to making 2015 even better.
We wish everyone a safe, prosperous, and Happy New Year!